Friday, September 19, 2008

Today... September 19th












Today - a year ago - My mom met Jesus! Now I know she is a whole lot better off than us, but I sure would have kept her here on earth longer (yes I am very selfish). But at the same time that my mom met Jesus - a new precious life was born. I was so privileged to know this precious life - it is Ryan Higdon.




At the same time that my mom went home to Heaven, Ryan was born. It's pretty neat to see a life go to heaven and one born into this life. Ryan is born into the family of one of our Pastors, Jeremy and Jeanine. (I will always remember Ryan's birthday). I pray that mom's spirit will live on within all of us - the giving, servant's heart that she had. I am so privileged to have her as my mom. Thanks mom for this life that you gave me and raised me! If I can only be 1/2 the woman she was...



As I was looking for pictures, I realized she was in heaven with two of her dear friends... MaryAnn (she was so special to mom) and Frank (was her neighbor for over 50 years)... enjoy a couple of their pictures.




Frank....






Mary Ann, Carrie Ann (her daughter) and Brim (her husband)





Today we had breakfast at my mom's favorite restaurant! CRACKER BARREL... and took flowers to the cemetary.




Thanks for reminiscing over my mom this past week. This was a very hard week - but just another part of the journey that Christ has me traveling...

1 comment:

angie shockley said...

Many prayers were lifted up on behalf of your mom during that time. I know one thing. The love and attention you dedicated to your mom during her illness was beautiful. I am believing that she would be willing to say you are more than half the woman she was!