Friday, March 13, 2009

In Memory of Sally Rogers... Relay for Life


Tonight my sister and I along with my niece, Brittni, went and walked the Relay for Life / American Cancer Society at Walter C. Young. It was a very special ceremony. The luminaries lite up the entire way around the track of those names who have fought the fight of cancer. Our Mom was one of them. Mom fought lung cancer for 9 years and now she is reaping her rewards ~ sitting at the feet of Jesus! As much as I miss my mom, and wished I had her here - I am glad she is no longer in pain and she has her perfect body! I am so blessed to have the time I had with my mom and all the special years we had together. Mom passed away 1 1/2 years ago - but it is still so fresh and I continue to cry for her - but I have the assurance that I will see her again in Heaven. Thank you Jesus - Give my mom a kiss!

1 comment:

oyer said...

Debbie,
Thank is awesome! She def. left a handprint on our lives. I thank God for her and can't wait to see her again!!! lyl-Lisa